Research In Motion (RIM) has announced the launch of the next version of its Storm range “The BlackBerry Storm2″ smartphone with BlackBerry OS 5 in India today. It came after almost two year when the original Storm was released in India.
According to RIM, “the second generation of RIM’s innovative and award-winning touch-screen smartphone, the BlackBerry Storm2 smartphone significantly improves the BlackBerry touch-screen platform with enhanced technology and new features”. The Storm2 introduces a new SurePress technology based on an electronic system that provides the user with tactile feedback when the touch-screen is pressed and comes laden with BlackBerry OS 5, the latest version of the BlackBerry smartphone operating system. According to RIM, SurePress makes typing on the smartphone’s virtual keyboards is easier, more comfortable and more accurate.
- Smooth design and premium finish with sloped edges, chrome accents, glass lens and stainless steel backplate
- Large 3.25”, high resolution 360 x 480 display at 184 ppi
- Capacitive touch-screen with integrated functions (Send, End, Menu, Escape) and new SurePress technology that makes clicking the display practically effortless
- Global connectivity support: UMTS/HSPA (2100Mhz), quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM and Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g) networks
- 3.2 MP camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- 2 GB of onboard memory storage and a microSD/SDHD memory card slot that supports up to 16 GB
- Background noise suppression technology
- Loud distortion-free speakerphone
- Face detection (proximity sensor)
- Media player for videos, pictures and music
- BlackBerry Desktop Manager for both PCs and Macs
- BlackBerry Media Sync for easily syncing iTunes and Windows Media Player music with the smartphone
- 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and dedicated volume controls
- Bluetooth (2.1) with support for Secure Simple Pairing, hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications, as well as photo geotagging
- Access to BlackBerry App World
- BlackBerry Internet Service and BlackBerry Enterprise Server support
- Removable, rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery
The BlackBerry Storm2 will be available in the Indian market for Rs. 31,990.
According to our sources, the iPhone 3GS is launching this week on 24th of March or at-least the bookings are opening.
There’s confusion wheather only Airtel and Vodafone will be the operators or Airtel , Vodafone , Reliance GSM and Aircel will be involved.
Like previous iPhone’s, the 3GS too will come with a dataplan and will be locked to the network providing the handset for a year. You’ll have to pay around Rs.33500 approx for the 16gb version and Rs.42000 approx for the 32gb version.
The next generation of iPhone, the iPhone 4G is all set to hit the US market but India still havn’t got the 3GS one. This is all due to delay of auction of 3G bandwith.
Let’s wait and watch wheather this rumour turns out to be true one or not. Till then saty tuned.